Even when things hit rock bottom, love conquers all. On the love front, I’m a very lucky lady, because I feel so very loved and so very blessed to be loved. So to share the love, today I’m posting my uber tasty recipe for chocolate truffles. I made these a few years back for a friends Christmas party. Then I made them with orange oil, but for Valentine’s Day, I’ve used espresso powder and rose water.
- 12oz of dark chocolate (I used 85% cacao)
- 250ml of coconut milk (this equates to 1 cup – I used the cream from a can of coconut milk)
- Pinch of salt (for good measure!)
- Flavourings of choice (I used rose water and espresso powder)
- Raw cacao powder, freeze dried strawberries and/or ground walnuts to roll the truffles in.
- Melt the chocolate and milk in a pan and add the salt. Add flavouring. I split my mix in 2 and added coffee to one lot and rose water to the other.
- Place the mix in the fridge overnight to set.
- Roll the truffle mix into small balls and coat in the raw cacao, walnuts or freeze dried strawberries.
- You can substitute the coconut milk for double or whipping cream.
- You can add honey or maple syrup to the chocolate mix or a lesser cacao percentage if you want them sweeter. I usually add a splash of maple when I’m making truffles for the kids.