It’s been a rough couple of weeks adjusting to my new eating regime (not helped by a trip to Toronto for a few days). I managed to keep myself relatively on track eating 5 egg McMuffins (try ordering that – that 5 eggs and one muffin, not 5 whole egg muffins……yes, I did get 5 full muffins first day) for breakfast, steaks for dinner and whatever I could find for lunch. It’s crazy how difficult it is to get plain wholesome food when you’re traveling. You have to be prepared to dissect the menus. Well done to McDonalds for accommodating my plain burgers with no bun, salads with no cheese and plain eggs. Feeling good and I’ve had some great workouts this week. I’m managing weight sessions followed by Metafit. Not bad for an old dear.
Back on track, feeding myself again and happy. I made a big tub of bean and quinoa salad for lunch tomorrow. I also made another big batch of balls. Got to love balls.
I chucked these together the other day and I have to say, they were rather tasty. Go easy on the cacao dusting. Too much will have you choking and if you eat them whilst driving and you start choking, it’s not safe! It also makes a hell of a mess of the steering wheel, dash board and your clothes as you cough it up……talking about coughing up, I read that some nightclub has installed a vomit sink in its toilet…..gross! Stick to tea-balls for sure!!
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (my scoop was 30g and had 25g of protein)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of match green tea
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds (or other seeds…if using sunflower or pumpkin, crush them)
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 7 dates
- 4 tablespoons of coconut
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- cold water (if the mixture is thick. Don’t add unless needed).
- cacao powder and crushed almonds to coat
- Place the dates, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a blender and blitz until the mix is smooth (no lumps).
- Add all other ingredients to the date paste (except the water) and pulse until combined. Add any water if necessary. You want a mix that easily forms into a ball.
- form around 12 to 14 balls and coat each ball in either cacao powder or crushed almonds.
- These can be kept in the fridge fro about 5 days so if you make them on Sunday, you have a snack all week long!